Friday, May 1, 2009

Sexless Orgasms!

Strolling in the lab, yes I am quite frisky. It is better than me using the "H" word that would be quite vulgar and well...I don't want to get that way up here...yet! LOL! So my friskiness does not come from recent conversations(ahmmmm) ...but something I have thought about and actually had to do earlier this morning. I went into my closet and got my stick bag and started to practice a little bit. Yeah...I miss the way I would sit at the set, and in a course of 3 to 4 minutes whether in church or in a recital hall, I could make people groove and pat their feet. I could make people get up out of their chairs, clap their hands, dance, move their head to the rhythm...I think all drummers love the feeling...like a sexless orgasm. I have missed that feeling for awhile..don't get me wrong, I still have the chops to play the set and put the funk back in it..understand that! It is just some of those moments I miss. If anyone has ever performed on stage...music that is...in whatever capacity...you know what it is that I am talking about. There is something about me on that set and doing all of the many different patterns I know from Funk, to Salsa, to Reggae, to Bossa Nova, to Swing, to Shuffle...you name it I can control your movement and all that you do for that period of time. I am just sitting there in the groove...keeping the pocket together and fresh...hot and saucy...and all the time having a sexless orgasm. No other feeling like it. I am leaving the lab now...smiling...and with my sticks on the bench top!

No comments:

Post a Comment