Monday, May 18, 2009

PISSITIVITY...1ST EDITION! (Tardiness)

I will tell you...one of the things that I hate with a passion is tardiness...and then to top it off people who rationalize about it as something that should be taken lightly. I do not like people who are constantly late or late for anything. If you know the time something starts...be there early.

I was in a situation last week that the scheduled time for the meeting to start was 7:30, and I agreed to it. Why did the host call me at 7:48 and told me they were going to be late? Oh you tell me you are going to be late when you are already late! That's really smart. I mention that to the host and the host says that they are not late! I should be more accepting of the time that the meeting begins and that the other parties are late as well...which proves to me that Clint needs to take his happy self on back home!

I then receive a call when I am on the road back to my place asking where I am. I said I am going home, please note that the time I received the call was 8:20. I tell you this is absolutely no excuse. I can understand things come up but the host brushed it off as something that was not wrong. I have an issue with that. I am not a time-ish person. The start time is set and I will make sure I am there early. I don't know it just sucks the way folks just think they are on time when the clock says otherwise. If you are going to be late...call, text, e-mail, scream, something... 15 to 20 minutes before the start time of the event!

I will now leave the lab and wish people effective time management!

1 comment:

  1. Tardiness is a pet peeve of mine as well. If I know I'm going to be late for something, I do my best to let the party I'm meeting know that. I don't like to be late for things at all. And when I am, it irritates me so much! LOL

    ReplyDelete