Monday, October 12, 2009

A Message for the Gay and Lesbian Community...CHILL OUT!!!!

I am not gay or a homosexual...I have pride in my sexuality just as the gay and lesbian community does. I can say as a Black man I have been treated in some aspects differently and denied specific things because of my skin color...I can relate for the fight for rights! I have no problem with your decision to live your life the way you would like to...but I do have an issue with the protest held yesterday in the D.C. area. It is not that I do not understand what you want...equal rights that are not subject to proof of your or affirmation of your decision to live the lifestyle in which you live, but there is a time and place for everything and focusing on your rights at THIS particular time does not give you or your fight a good look. There are more pressing things going on in this country that must be taken care of initially and I feel President Obama will then address gay and lesbian issues.
For example, if you do not have a job...that would push the gay and lesbian agenda to the wayside. People who are homosexual and heterosexual are hurting and desperate to work in this declining job market. People want to work and take care of their bills and their families. Coupled with the lack of employment that also means no health care. I would think that being able to be financially and physically healthy would be more important right now than some of the trivial aspects of your agenda. The United States has 2 wars...we are trying to gain the upper hand in Afghanistan and end the other war in Iraq...lives on both fronts are still being lost in the process. There are countless other issues as far as education, crimes committed against and by adolescent children, and crime as a whole are paramount! This seems to be more important to not only heterosexual people, but some with in the gay and lesbian community! That trumps the rights and privileges that you may want at this time. Getting America back to work and providing all Americans with health care seems to me...more urgent than ratification of your causes by the President. Us heterosexual folks know that you have an agenda and that you want to have the perks of the heterosexual...but can you be a bit more patient? President Obama said he will get to it and he heard you all the first time and he acknowledged it. Chill out and let him take care of what is important to ALL Americans and not just your sect!

I Love You But God Loves You More!

No comments:

Post a Comment