Monday, September 20, 2010

Don't go on "The Biggest Loser"! Try my weight loss plan!!!


Set the stage for this. You have numerous contestants that apply or whatever process is used to determine their eligibility to appear on a show that will essentially help them to lose weight. I am guessing that they leave their employment, either bring their family or leave their family, stray away from their homes for months to appear on a television show that will for all intents and purposes help them to lose the weight that they have been trying to lose for years.

When these people appear on the show they compete to see who has lost the most weight. This competition is done either on an individual or on a team level. There are prizes and perks given to those that reach and over achieve their weekly goals of how many pounds lost. This motivation whether it is health, money, competition, wearing the clothes they have always wanted to wear, sexual attractiveness, etc. is the motivation behind their weight loss.

Are you kidding me? I have been over 400 pounds and the only motivation I had to lose weight was that I did not want to die. It was not a factor of money or the thrill of competition that motivated me. This type of show was not even thought of back in 2000! I remember when I watched the show for the first time. I saw these overweight and obese individuals walking up an escalator that was going down. They continued to walk for hours on end, until they were not able to move anymore. A winner was deemed and then they received a prize and great laudatory remarks from everyone in attendance. I can’t clearly recall but some were on the escalator for at least 3 hours and it was for a monetary prize or an all expense paid trip. This bothers me because there are plenty of obese persons on the planet and in the U.S. that I am sure have applied to be on this television show, and were denied for whatever reason. Next, why entice people and try to increase ratings exploiting the struggles that these individuals and families have had with weight loss? Have we really reached that low?

If I could produce a pilot television program just like this show that I am speaking of, that all could learn from my tips wherever their locale, I would change the way people were selected by choosing at least 100 people that were no less than 50 pounds overweight per television season. If you follow my plan wherever you live, I am sure you can adapt it to your locale and be successful! I would then take them to New York City, maybe on the outskirts of Harlem and have them live in a home. I would then tell them that they can eat whatever they want whenever they want. There would be some rules regarding this such as:

1. You must leave the house by 7:30 AM EVERY morning.
2. You are not allowed to take a cab to go anywhere.
3. You must walk everywhere you go.
4. You must drink as a minimum 200 ounces of water a day.
5. You are only allowed to take the subway as transportation.
6. Everywhere you go must be at least 50 stops away from Harlem
7. You must visit at least 3 museums or attractions a day from all boroughs.
8. Fundamentally you must WALK WALK, WALK, and WALK, EVERYWHERE!!

I can almost guarantee you after 2 months of this; you will see the pounds melt off of people that happen to follow my proposed plan. I don’t know but it seems that this type of action would get these folks losing weight with the quickness. Take that television program in question!!

What are your thoughts?

I Love You, But God Loves You More!

No comments:

Post a Comment