Friday, September 17, 2010

The Adonia Effect!


I remember that I was as scared as I could be coming from a world that was not corporate into a world that is corporate. I came from working in a classroom and a lab, to working into an office setting...including gaining my own personal office, not a classroom/lab. I met up with Adonia in Chicago early last year and I tried to play it cool about my new job and the opportunities/responsibilities that I had just earned. I told her..."I did not know how to handle it". By "it" I mean the money aspect, the corporate card, and basic business "world" and "acumen" regarding the new employment I earned.

When we fast forward to the present, it seems like it was ages ago that we were in Chicago. That fear of "it" has subsided because of the "Adonia Effect". When we were in Chicago I was acting cheap and frugal! I will admit I was very worried about my finances to the point of being damn near crazy. Adonia happened to remind me that you get what you pay for, and that I should not deny myself experiences and learn how to assimilate into this new corporate life. I think she has done a very good job. I am still the frugal person that I have always been (or should I say fiscally responsible?), and I have learned to treat myself and that bills will always be there to pay, savings were meant to be spent in the long run.

I have realized that you get what you pay for. I have realized that good food, that is fresh and prepared with meticulous diligence will cost money (and not have any seasonings on the table). So I owe that to her. She in a matter of a few days broke me out of the habits that I had formed being an underpaid teacher. So here is to you Adonia...a glass of Moet in a plastic cup! LOL Okay a crystal wine/champagne glass!

I Love You, But God Love's You More!

No comments:

Post a Comment