Thursday, March 7, 2013

Lenten Season Blues








I gave up something for Lent. It is not like I am addicted to it, but it is something that many people struggle with…sex!  Now when you are getting it on the regular it is like a routine.  The person you are engaging in this activity with is also willing to create this sexual episode littered with lust and freakishness.  However, when you have now wished that away and committed to not doing it…at least for the Lenten season, I can admit it is difficult.

Sometimes you are in your own space and alone and want some affection for the night.  You have an urge to make a phone call, you take hot/cold showers, and you do whatever you have to short of pleasuring yourself to make that feeling go away.  It works at times and sometimes it doesn’t.  I had that urge today to make a call, and then I remember what Leah said…just pray it away!

I did and the instant after the word “Amen”, the urge instantaneously vanished. It is not that I don’t have a relationship with God, but I knew that I needed to be closer to Him this year to figure out some things with my life. I decided to sacrifice a vice for the purpose of increasing my faith in the Lord and letting him fight ALL battles. It is not just key to do the aforementioned in the time of Lent, but also everyday all day.

I Love You But, God Loves You More!

No comments:

Post a Comment