Tuesday, May 22, 2012

If you really want to judge me...

For the past several years there has been a statement that many individuals have said and allowed it to flow from their tongues with no equivocation in a joking fashion, but yet they are serious ...
"Don't judge me!"
In contrast, I say...
Please do judge me!
It is no secret that I have done some pretty rotten things in my life. In addition, people as a whole have done some very nasty things to others and well, we all have to pay our dues and reap what we sow I feel that it is not wise to tell someone or give the directive to not to judge you, knowing that it is giong to be done anyway. I have worked hard not to judge anyone, and try to realize that people will be people and that we are all in this world trying to do the following: 1. Be happy! 2. Make a living to take care of ourselves and/or our family! 3. Have the maximum amount of benefit out of life for the minimum amount of sacrifice! 4. Make sure when we leave this life that we leave it in peace.
There might be more, but those are just a few off of the top of my head. I often wonder why there is so much emphasis on not being judged. What is it that we are afraid of? Condemnation from self or friends? Having to hear from someone how right they were and how wrong you were concerning a decision you made for your life and your choice not to take their advice? How others will look at us if the "skeletons" in our closet are revealed? Will we get funny looks from those and snickers from individuals that might have heard or know of our transgressions? What is it that makes us refrain from being a participant or the subject of open scrutiny? I don't have the answers to those questions. For the most part I doubt it will do any good or change the mindset of society if the answers were given, accepted, ratified, and posted on billboards and websites all over the world. All I can say is that I accept your judgments of me on an open platter. In point of fact, I ponder when I attend church (since every sinner has a past) that people are scared of what folks in the "Church" may think and/or say about them. If you were a:
Drug abuser, Sexually promiscuous man or woman, Thief, Criminal, Liar, Murderer, Adulterer, Abuser, A low down, dirty, conniving, evil, guttery, tramp, scoundrel, parasite, of an individual
Thank God you aren't one anymore and no need to be ashamed or be fearful of judgments from someone in the house of God or elsewhere! I do believe that God has used some of the aforementioned categories of persons to do great works despite the lives they led. People...If you want to judge me or others please do! It is an honor to be on your mind. It is deeply flattering that you think enough of me and other folks to say comments to those that have an ear to hear and eyes to see of what kind of person I am. I would only hope that when that day comes when standing in that line to determine from your life's work if you will be walking the road towards Heaven or Hell that you are standing next to me. I'd love to see how much talking you will be doing then, as you will be judged. I can only imagine if my name or the names of those you have condemned will be mentioned and a determining factor to where you will spend eternity. A quick solution would be to apply the rule has been said over and time again... IF YOU HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY, (about a person) THEN SAY NOTHING AT ALL!!
I Love You, But God Loves You More!

No comments:

Post a Comment