Thursday, November 15, 2012

I Can't Believe She's Got Butter!


So I decided to try on-line dating.  Many of my friends were trying it and had some success so I posted my first profile.  I got a response.  From the photos and the profile I was impressed.  Several messages, responses, replies, and we finally exchange numbers to meet.  We talked over the phone for a week or two and agreed to meet in person.  We concur upon a date, but didn’t have solidified what we would do.  We met and had a drink and decided that since we have a mutual like in movies that we would go and watch one together. 
 
We head to the theater and I offer to buy some popcorn and a drink.  She obliged, and we head to the hall where the movie was showing. Before we get there I dress my popcorn with butter from the snack station and a little salt.  She waits and we choose our seats and sit down.  The lights were not dimmed yet, and we were still talking.  All of a sudden this young lady, without missing a verse in our conversation, whips out a bottle of “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter” spray and sprays it on her popcorn!  I am sitting and trying to not stare in total and utter shock.  (I am from the South so I am used to and not surprised by hot sauce, or paprika. But spray-able butter in the purse?) I think I went blank for the rest of the date.  I didn’t know what to say.  Why not get the butter from the butter station?  Why did she have her own butter and we were not even set on going to the movies? 
 
After the movie she wanted to go to Wal-Mart.  I didn’t even care at that point because I knew there was not ever going to be another date.  What if we went out to dinner…would she bring her own silverware, condiments, and plates too?
 
I Love You ,But God Loves You More!

No comments:

Post a Comment