Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Picking the Scabs

What does my kiss mean to you?
Does it help to ease the pain you still go through?
What visions appear in your mind when you touch the scars?
Is it an infectious stain of infatuation that you masked in the dark?
I know I may mean nothing to you...maybe just a friend
Another potential cut, a laceration that hurts with no end
If your feelings grow, I'd wish to be the ointment used to sooth
So if you label this...then I offer these directions to you
Take time to let the images fade
Let time take the anger away
Everyone is not your lover, nor do they intend
And when love is done you have no obligation to begin again
What did love mean to you?
Was it a helpless, selfless thing that you sought to make brand new?
Reminders of mistakes and hasty decisions aren't very far
Refreshed memories arrive when I touch the scars.


I Love You But, God Love's You More!

No comments:

Post a Comment